After years of law school, hitting your stride in practice, and leveling up in your firm along the way, the thought of going solo and starting from scratch can be so daunting. Venturing off the organizational track and stepping into entrepreneurship is risky and requires being bold, but my guest today did it and she’s thriving.
Suzi Nixon is a lawyer working out of Kentucky who made the transition from big law to running her own firm and coaching practice. She’s also the founder of a wonderful community called Legally Blissed and the host of a podcast by the same name. After eight years in trademark law, even getting close to partnership, she started having second thoughts. She took the leap, started her own practice, and she hasn’t looked back since.
Join us this week as Suzi offers her top tips and recommendations for stepping into entrepreneurship, even if you identify as an introvert like we do. She’s sharing her experience of integrating law with coaching, the differences between the two practices, the questions you have to ask yourself if you’re considering going solo, and her best advice for fostering joy and happiness in your life and practice.
If you enjoyed today’s show and don’t want to miss an episode, be sure to subscribe and follow the show. And if you haven’t already, please leave a rating and review! Your feedback will help me create a podcast that’s tailored to your needs and goes straight to the heart of what matters to you. Click here to learn how to subscribe, rate, and review.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Suzi’s advice for anyone who is going solo or part of a small firm.
- What helped Suzi decide that going solo was the right move for her.
- The questions you have to ask yourself if you’re considering venturing off the organizational track and stepping into entrepreneurship.
- Suzi’s ideas for introverts who want to master business development.
- What led Suzi down the route of coaching, and the difference between the role of advisor and coach.
- How Suzi interprets her practice as a lawyer through a coaching lens.
- Suzi’s tips for setting and asserting boundaries in your life and practice.
- The power of community for women lawyers.
- Suzi’s recommendations for anyone struggling with overwhelm and burnout.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Want to get in touch with me? You can do so by clicking here or reaching out to me on LinkedIn
- If you are interested in learning more about the work I do with lawyers, click here and send me a note, I would love to hear from you.
- Suzi Hixon: Website | Instagram | Podcast
- Amy Cuddy’s TED Talk
- Marilee Goldberg Adams
- Setting Boundaries as a Female Attorney Can Be Terrifying; Here are 2 Reasons Why You Must Do it Anyway | Suzi Hixon for Medium.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!