As a lawyer, your ability to access higher-level thinking and use your executive functioning is vital, not only in the work you do, but also in the way you manage your practice. Since many of my clients want more tools to help them leverage their executive functioning skills, this is an area I’ve been doing additional training in as a coach.
So, today marks the first of a four-part series where I’ll be diving into executive function and time management. If you often find yourself feeling stressed or reactive as you execute a project, or embarking on a goal feels time-consuming and messy, you’re in the right place because I’m guiding you through how to set yourself up for success before you even start.
Listen in this week as I introduce you to the concept of executive function, how it’s reflected in your practice, and offer you strategies for leveraging yours. You’ll hear what you need to consider before you begin a task, three areas of executive function that will save you time, and how they’ll set you up for success.
I have created a group coaching program dedicated to supporting women lawyers, just like you, in your practice and your personal life. I’m going to help you create an even greater impact in your own life, and the lives of those around you. Click here to learn more!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What executive function means, and why it’s so vital to understand.
- How to set yourself up for success before you start a task or embark on a goal.
- The drawbacks you might experience when you do things on the fly as you work toward a goal.
- 3 areas of executive function to consider.
- How to leverage your executive function by planning.
- Why you’ll inevitably waste time if your space is cluttered.
- How to organize your time in a way that is conducive to achieving your goals.
- 3 strategies for taking the pressure off of your working memory.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Want to get in touch with me? You can do so by clicking here or reaching out to me on LinkedIn
- If you are interested in learning more about the work I do with lawyers, click here and send me a note, I would love to hear from you.
- The Smart But Scattered Guide to Success by Richard Guare and Peg Dawson
- Ep #6: A Goal Setting Formula to Create What You Want
- Ep #10: 7 Steps to Free Yourself From Clutter
- Ep #22: Planning: How to Get What You Truly Want
- Ep #25: More Time, Less Clutter: Revamp Your Workplace with Professional Organizer, Mylène Houle Morency
- Ep #36: Systems Checklist for Saving Time
- The Eisenhower Matrix
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!