Marketing was something I never fully embraced or appreciated when I was practicing as a lawyer. There’s this impression in the law profession that if you’re a good lawyer, there’s simply no need to market. In a wider context, marketing is often seen as sleazy, sales-y, or annoying, and something you don’t want to do or even have time for on top of your workload.
However, when I decided to become a coach, I knew my relationship with marketing was going to have to change. Starting fresh meant marketing was a commitment I had to learn to love. And even if you never change tracks, the truth is you’ve spent years in education and practice, and you are uniquely positioned to provide a service that can be so freeing for people, so why aren’t you letting them know you can make an impact on their lives?
Join me this week as I help you reframe what marketing can mean, and offer practical strategies for figuring out what marketing style works for you. You’ll discover what is keeping so many lawyers from marketing to their full potential, why you’re missing out if you’re avoiding it altogether, and four simple steps for becoming more proactive when it comes to marketing in your firm.
If you enjoyed today’s show and don’t want to miss an episode, be sure to subscribe and follow the show. And if you haven’t already, please leave a rating and review! Your feedback will help me create a podcast that’s tailored to your needs and goes straight to the heart of what matters to you. Click here to learn how to subscribe, rate, and review.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why marketing can so often be a real challenge for lawyers.
- What might be currently stopping you from marketing to your full potential.
- My philosophy on marketing and how I’ve learned to fall in love with it.
- What you’re missing out on if you’re avoiding marketing altogether.
- 4 simple steps for becoming more proactive when it comes to marketing.
- 2 questions to reframe what marketing means to you.
- How to be strategic in your marketing.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Want to get in touch with me? You can do so by clicking here or reaching out to me on LinkedIn
- If you are interested in learning more about the work I do with lawyers, click here and send me a note, I would love to hear from you.
- Ep #14: How to Define Your Brand in 5 Simple Steps
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!