What comes to mind when you think about networking? Do you see it as an exciting opportunity to connect with others and share your skills and aspirations about your career? Or is it something you find so cringy that you could never imagine doing it?
Whether you’re currently looking for a job in the short term or seeking greater professional connections over the long term, networking is a great tool to have in your arsenal. From brushing up your CV and searching online forums to sending out cold email applications, there are lots of different steps you can take in the process of looking for new opportunities. However, among all the available steps, the candidates who typically find the best-aligned jobs are the ones who go through the networking process.
Tune in this week to discover why networking is not only a critical part of finding a new job but also essential for your overall professional development. If networking is something you feel resistant to, you’ll hear how to radically overhaul and rethink networking, and I’m also offering five strategies you can begin implementing in the networking process.
I have created a group coaching program dedicated to supporting women lawyers, just like you, in your practice and your personal life. I’m going to help you create an even greater impact in your own life, and the lives of those around you. For more information, send me an email!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why networking can seem so challenging.
- The reason networking is a critical part of your overall professional development.
- Why I believe networking is your highest leverage tool for finding a job.
- What can happen when you choose to expand your professional relationships.
- How networking is a fruitful tool if you take advantage of it.
- 5 strategies you can try in the networking process.
- What’s required of you as you begin building your network.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Want to get in touch with me? You can do so by clicking here or reaching out to me on LinkedIn
- If you are interested in learning more about the work I do with lawyers, click here and send me a note, I would love to hear from you.
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!