If you’re listening to this podcast, I know you’re deeply committed to excellence. Your career is likely marked by your ability to produce high-quality work consistently and getting rewarded for it. However, if you find yourself constantly trying to prove yourself, working to the point of feeling exhausted or bruised along the way, you might be getting caught up in the illusion of perfectionism.
On the one hand, there is something to be said about perfectionism being a great motivator. Many people wear it as a badge of honor. But on the other hand, there is a shadow side of perfectionism that leaves you fixating on imperfections and feeling haunted by unrealistic expectations or possible failures, ultimately holding you back from experiencing joy in your practice.
Join me this week as I invite you to drop the perfectionist illusion and instead embrace a joyful reality. I’m showing you how perfectionism may be showing up in your practice, why it prevents your growth and evolution as a professional, even if you don’t see it as a problem right now, and I’m also offering my favorite practical strategies you can implement if this is resonating for you.
If you enjoyed today’s show and don’t want to miss an episode, be sure to subscribe and follow the show. And if you haven’t already, please leave a rating and review! Your feedback will help me create a podcast that’s tailored to your needs and goes straight to the heart of what matters to you. Click here to learn how to subscribe, rate, and review.
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What the shadow side of perfectionism looks like.
- Why perfectionism can lead to burnout, depression, and anxiety.
- How perfectionism might be showing up in your practice.
- The most common signs you’re struggling with perfectionism in your work.
- How perfectionism might be holding you back, even if you don’t see it as a problem.
- 3 strategies to help you if you’re getting caught up in the fantasy of perfectionism.
- What it means to embrace a joyful practice versus the perfectionist illusion.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Want to get in touch with me? You can do so by clicking here or reaching out to me on LinkedIn
- If you are interested in learning more about the work I do with lawyers, click here and send me a note, I would love to hear from you.
- Ep #3: How to Find the Joy in Your Work
- Ep #4: What Perfectionism is Costing You
- Carol Dweck | TED Talk
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!