Let’s talk about your priorities. I’ve noticed many of my clients, and even myself at times, struggle to figure out what to say yes to, and what to say no to. We have a full plate, and everything seems to cry out to us at an equal volume.
Between the demands of work and the stresses of our personal lives, things just keep coming our way. This leads to feelings of overwhelm, like life is just coming at you and you’re constantly being reactive instead of proactive. If you can relate to this experience, it’s time to take a look at your priorities so we can create a little more ease and structure in your life.
When you’re out there saying yes to everything, it’s like spending on a credit card, and the bill comes in the form of burnout and overwhelm. So, tune in this week to start treating your yes like a precious commodity. Your yes is a currency, so I’m discussing how to come up with a yes budget, prioritizing the things that will move you forward and saying no to everything that keeps you stuck.
I have created a membership program dedicated to supporting women lawyers, just like you, in your practice and your personal life. We open on January 1st 2023, and I’m going to help you create an even greater impact in your own life, and the lives of those around you, so stay tuned for more details and click here to get on the waitlist!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- What happens when you’re in a place of saying yes to everything.
- Why making everything a priority means, in reality, nothing is a priority and you can’t gain traction.
- How to distinguish the differences and cross-sections between important and urgent.
- What the easy-yes reflex is and why not being selective means you’re subconsciously saying no to something else.
- 3 strategies to start getting clear on your priorities and decide what you want to demote, and what you want to focus on.
- How to start adhering to a yes budget while managing the discomfort of saying no.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Want to get in touch with me? You can do so by clicking here or reaching out to me on LinkedIn
- If you are interested in learning more about the work I do with lawyers, click here and send me a note, I would love to hear from you.
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- Ep #54: Defining Your Legacy for Inspiration, Direction, and Impact
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!