One of the questions many lawyers reach out to me for is to understand what career options are available to them, and I offered my insights on last week’s episode. Another question that comes up just as often is about career transitions for lawyers, and this is what we’re diving into this week.
During the height of the pandemic, transitions were top of mind for many people. It was a theme we all dealt with in some form and it continues to come up in my practice. Transitions can be inherently scary, especially if you don’t know what to expect on the other side. However, we can all be more welcoming and excited about transitions, and this is what I hope you walk away with this week.
Whether you’re considering a transition, or you’re currently in the middle of one, this is the episode for you. I’m taking a deep dive into what typically holds us back from making a transition, what will move you forward in the transition process, and a framework that will help you situate yourself in any transition you’re making so you can excel and thrive.
I have created a group coaching program dedicated to supporting women lawyers, just like you, in your practice and your personal life. I’m going to help you create an even greater impact in your own life, and the lives of those around you. For more information, send me an email!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why making a career transition is challenging.
- What typically holds lawyers back from making a transition.
- The results you might experience if you don’t make a transition.
- Examples of external and internal career transitions.
- What creates forward momentum in making a transition happen.
- The 4 stages of the change cycle model, and how to use it to situate yourself in any transition.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Want to get in touch with me? You can do so by clicking here or reaching out to me on LinkedIn
- If you are interested in learning more about the work I do with lawyers, click here and send me a note, I would love to hear from you.
- Ep #94: Career Options for Lawyers
- Finding Your Own North Star by Martha Beck
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!