Think about the obstacles you currently face in your life and practice. What are the goals that you aren’t making progress towards and why? Is it a lack of time or resources? Maybe it’s a difficult relationship in your life, not getting the level of support you want and need, or simply feeling exhausted.
We usually think of obstacles as problems that get in the way of where we want to go. We’re told that things should be easy, and if they’re not, something is wrong. You might be waiting for the stars to align for a time when there are no longer any obstacles in your way, but the hard truth is that obstacles are here to stay. Let’s find a way to change the way you relate to obstacles.
Join me this week to discover how you can use obstacles as opportunities for learning and growth. I’m sharing two strategies that will help you stop avoiding them so you can start getting closer to your goals right now, and start seeing obstacles as something to anticipate and maybe even look forward to.
I have created a group coaching program dedicated to supporting women lawyers, just like you, in your practice and your personal life. I’m going to help you create an even greater impact in your own life, and the lives of those around you. For more information, send me an email!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Some of the most common obstacles I see my clients facing.
- Why obstacles are perceived as problems.
- What happens when we maintain the idea that obstacles are problems.
- Questions you can ask yourself to reframe your beliefs about time.
- 2 different lenses to look at obstacles through.
- How to see your obstacles as a teacher, rather than a reason to stop.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Want to get in touch with me? You can do so by clicking here or reaching out to me on LinkedIn
- If you are interested in learning more about the work I do with lawyers, click here and send me a note, I would love to hear from you.
- Ep #95: Career Transitions for Lawyers
- The Untethered Soul at Work by Michael Singer
- The Obstacle Is the Way by Ryan Holiday
- John D. Rockefeller
- Ferdinand Magellan
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!