Criticism or negative feedback is a topic to which we can all relate. Whether in your professional work or your personal life, we’ve all experienced receiving feedback that has felt like a thorn in our side. It might have slowed you down, sown doubt in your self-confidence, or even outright stopped you in your tracks.
While criticism in and of itself is not a problem, we can fall into the trap of seeing criticism as something that’s inherently bad. For most of us, experiencing criticism automatically brings up a sense of embarrassment, shame, or discouragement. However, the good news is that you can use it in a productive way rather than letting it slow you down.
Tune in this week to discover how you can use criticism to foster trust, and authority, and move forward in your endeavors. I’m highlighting what you might be making receiving criticism mean about you, offering how criticism can be a sign of growth, and sharing my top tips for leveraging criticism instead of shying away from it.
I have created a group coaching program dedicated to supporting women lawyers, just like you, in your practice and your personal life. I’m going to help you create an even greater impact in your own life, and the lives of those around you. For more information, click here!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The challenges of trying to avoid criticism at all costs.
- Why negative feedback in and of itself is not a problem.
- What you might be making criticism mean about you.
- How criticism is a reflection of the person offering it.
- The kind of criticism that stings the most.
- How to find useful data in criticism you’ve received.
- What happens when you learn how to manage criticism.
- 6 strategies for using criticism in a productive way.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Want to get in touch with me? You can do so by clicking here or reaching out to me on LinkedIn
- If you are interested in learning more about the work I do with lawyers, click here and send me a note, I would love to hear from you.
- Ep #79: Problems You Solve v. Problems You Manage
- Ep #97: How to Deal with Anxiety
- John Gottman
- The Feedback Fallacy – Harvard Business Review article
- The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!