The feeling of anxiety is extremely common among legal professionals. Whether anxiety is part of your personal experience as a lawyer, you have friends and colleagues who struggle with it, or it’s something that you understand anecdotally, there’s been an increased awareness of anxiety in the field of law, especially during the pandemic.
There are lots of places anxiety can show up in various aspects of your legal practice, and it might be prevalent in your personal life too. From smaller day-to-day triggers to bigger-picture stressors, we’ve learned that the number of lawyers struggling with anxiety is significant. Today, I’m offering tools to help you navigate anxiety as it comes up.
Tune in this week to hear three healthy and intentional strategies for managing your anxiety. I show you how to develop coping skills that will allow you to work with your anxiety rather than against it, the power of befriending anxiety, and questions you can ask yourself to shift your experience when you come up against periods of anxiety.
I have created a group coaching program dedicated to supporting women lawyers, just like you, in your practice and your personal life. I’m going to help you create an even greater impact in your own life, and the lives of those around you. For more information, send me an email!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Some of the common reasons legal professionals experience anxiety.
- The coping strategies we tend to lean on when we feel anxious.
- What happens when you don’t have tools to manage your anxiety.
- The power of having a plan in place to navigate anxiety.
- 3 strategies you can use when you feel anxious.
- How to befriend the emotion of anxiety.
- The skills necessary to begin working with your anxiety, instead of against it.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Want to get in touch with me? You can do so by clicking here or reaching out to me on LinkedIn
- If you are interested in learning more about the work I do with lawyers, click here and send me a note, I would love to hear from you.
- Ep #6: A Goal Setting Formula to Create What You Want
- Ep #24: How to Thrive Under Pressure
- Ep #63: Brain Health and Productivity for Lawyers with Alysia Davies
- Ep #78: How to Regulate Your Emotions in Difficult Situations with Bena Stock
- Ep #82: From Anxiety to Ease with Melanie Goela and Ellen Schlesinger
- Ep #86: Executive Function and Time Management Part 1: Before You Start
- Ep #87: Executive Function and Time Management Part 2: Overcoming Procrastination
- Ep #88: Executive Function and Time Management Part 3: Staying Focused
- Ep #89: Executive Function and Time Management Part 4: Crossing the Finish Line
- Ep #96: Create Peace and Productivity With Your Calendar
- Dr. Daniel Amen
- Kelly McGonigal: How to make stress your friend | TED Talk
- Canadian Bar Association study on lawyer mental health and wellbeing
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!