Welcome to the final part of our series on executive function and time management! So, you’ve made your plan, gotten started, managed to stay focused on your task or project, and now, it’s time to finish what you started, which also ties in perfectly as I wrap up this series.
Even if you’re working on a task or project that you love, you might find it challenging to actually finish it. You’ve gotten so close to crossing the finish line, and yet, you feel discouraged, sidetracked, or bored before you do. Maybe you feel the desire to abandon the task altogether. Maybe you finish your task but start nitpicking and questioning if it’s good enough.
If you notice yourself struggling with task completion, wanting to give up, or often find yourself drifting or getting sidetracked, listen in. You’ll hear the most common reasons we don’t complete tasks, four executive functioning skills as they relate to task completion, and I’m sharing my top strategies for crossing the finish line on your goals.
I have created a group coaching program dedicated to supporting women lawyers, just like you, in your practice and your personal life. I’m going to help you create an even greater impact in your own life, and the lives of those around you. For more information, send me an email!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The reasons you may find yourself struggling to finish a task or project you’ve started.
- Examples of tasks you might be leaving undone.
- Why not completing a task has no moral bearing on you.
- How you might be trying to resolve task completion, and why these strategies don’t work.
- 4 executive functioning skills as they relate to task completion.
- My top recommendations for helping you cross the finish line.
- The skills you’ll need for task completion.
- What you’ll discover as you practice the strategies I’m offering you today.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Want to get in touch with me? You can do so by clicking here or reaching out to me on LinkedIn
- If you are interested in learning more about the work I do with lawyers, click here and send me a note, I would love to hear from you.
- Ep #4: What Perfectionism is Costing You
- Ep #5: How to “Do” Fear
- Ep #6: A Goal Setting Formula to Create What You Want
- Ep #24: How to Thrive Under Pressure
- Ep #86: Executive Function and Time Management Part 1: Before You Start
- Ep #87: Executive Function and Time Management Part 2: Overcoming Procrastination
- Ep #88: Executive Function and Time Management Part 3: Staying Focused
- The Smart But Scattered Guide to Success by Richard Guare and Peg Dawson
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!