If you’re anything like me, you might find yourself struggling with feelings of impatience this summer. This time of year means many of us are trying to get just as much done with less time, and whether this is showing up for you in your professional life or at home with your kids, exercising patience may be challenging right now.
Impatience can be an incredibly helpful tool that acts as a great motivator in certain situations. Sometimes, it’s the push you need to get the results you want. However, if you’re noticing a recurring sense of restlessness, anxiety, and discomfort around tasks in your work and personal life, it may be time to explore how to manage your experience of impatience.
Join me this week to discover why impatience often feels so uncomfortable and five strategies you can implement to address your feeling of impatience. You’ll hear how we often don’t address the root cause of our impatience, what the real problem at hand is, and the skills you’ll need to cultivate greater patience.
I have created a group coaching program dedicated to supporting women lawyers, just like you, in your practice and your personal life. I’m going to help you create an even greater impact in your own life, and the lives of those around you. For more information, click here!
What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- The common default thoughts that show up when we feel impatient.
- How you might be adding more to your plate in your attempt to solve impatience.
- What the real problem is when you feel impatient.
- Why you might feel pressured to use your time efficiently and effectively.
- 5 strategies for addressing your feeling of impatience.
- The skills required to cultivate greater patience.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Want to get in touch with me? You can do so by clicking here or reaching out to me on LinkedIn
- If you are interested in learning more about the work I do with lawyers, click here and send me a note, I would love to hear from you.
- Four Thousand Weeks: Time Management for Mortals by Oliver Burkeman
- Ep #76: Priorities: Spending Wisely from the Bank of “Yes”
- Ep #97: How to Deal with Anxiety
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify and Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!